Monday, February 10, 2014

A2's Armorer Services

Deputy Cook with "Shakira"
      One of the things that Appropriate Action will be branching off on will be armorer services for assault type weapons. This will include repairs and custom modifications to the clients specifications. There are not many people in my neck of the woods that do this kind of work AND have the experience on how it is utilized on a daily basis. I have run across rifles and shotguns that folks have worked on for officers and deputies and ask "WTF were you thinking? This is something off of a movie set or airsoft catalog."
  
      I am an AR-15 and Remington 870 certified armorer and have been handling the tools of the trade for years in one profession or another, so you won't be handing your tools to Bubba Jay and Roscoe to get them worked on. I have all the tools needed to get the job done so that every goes together smoothly. No huge mallets will be pounding metal. I plan on getting a certification as a Mossberg and Glock armorer as soon as time and resources allow. I'm not afraid to also work on the Kalashnikov family of weaponry.

Author's own patrol rifle "Gretchen"
    To start the process I meet the client at a location of their choosing with my laptop. There we will pick out what they want to have done with their firearm. Not sure what you want done? No problem. I will take a small survey of how the client will utilize the tool the most. You don't have to be a Space Shuttle door-gunner to have a good setup. You may want to have just a self defense tool or a means to dispatch Coyotes past 300 yards from your work truck. This is only limited by your imagination and your pocket book. Before everything is done the client will have a rough sketch of what their dream machine will look like.  Once the parts are ordered and have arrived I will take possession of the gun and get to work on it. I do this work in my spare time from my night job so depending on the level of work needed it may take me at least a week to get it back to you.





"Gretchen" on the way to stage for a narcotics search warrant
       I try to do a little extra for you when I take a weapon off of your hands. After the main works is done we will laser bore sight to get you on paper and do at least a 5 round test to ensure that the weapon functions well. Once that is done I give it a thorough cleaning and re-lubrication with a oil of the clients choice or FrogLube. I do not accept payment for the work done until the client is satisfied with the work done.





No comments:

Post a Comment